Competition Regulations of the KHOW
Only approved international judges may organise the competition within the frame of the KHOW.
Every judge has the right to organise two official competitions every year. The judges have the right to choose the competition dates. The judges may ask for additional dates, should increased member numbers require further competitions.
The members of the KHOW, with the approval of the host judge, may participate in every official competition.
The international judges must submit the dates of the following year’s competitions to the KHOW office written by December 1st. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org . Also should pay in the competition fee (100 euros per one competition).
Competition results must be sent to the KHOW office within 72 hours of the competition. E-mail: email@example.com .
The judges can ask for a change of dates for the competitions, should there be good reason (such as unforeseeable circumstances, e.g. weather and other reasons that would prevent the smooth completion of the competition).The change of date must be sent to the KHOW office within 72 hours of the cancelled competition.
The KHOW office will post on the Internet the results in the order of scores in competition within 72 hours after submitting the results.
On the 31st of December the competition year closes. The KHOW office will post the results of the World Cup Series, on which the best score achieved by each competitor in all competitions will be posted.
Persons excluded from competition organisation and participation in the KHOW Series are those:
- who did not submit the dates for the following year’s competitions before December 1st.
- who cannot field 9 competitors.
- who depart from or do not uphold the rules agreed upon by the KHOW.
- who do not posses the photoelectric timer, or whose course differs in any way from the official course.
The KHOW will hold invalid the competitions of those judges, who during the given competition:
- Field a person, or allow on the course any one who is not a competitor.
- Do not submit the results of the competition within 72 hours.
- Do not make known the new date of the cancelled competition (such as unforeseeable circumstances, e.g. weather and other reasons that would prevent the smooth completion of the competition) within 72 hours of cancellation.
The board of a judges may propose the excluding of those judges, who:
- cheat with scoring (the horse exceeds time, but the gallop is counted; the competitor scores no valid points but the gallop is counted; incorrect points are written to the score etc.)
- send non existent competition or exam results to the KHOW.
- Give preferences not allowed to the competitors (using a bow which does not conform to the rules, changing horses during the competition, repeating the gallop etc.)
- The board may propose excluding any judge(s), who they judge is offending the morals of the KHOW; her/his behaviour is injuring the credibility of the judges.
Framework of the competitions
- The competitors start in groups defined by the organizer (groups of three, four, etc.).
- All the competitors must be possessed with an assistant.
- The competitors have the possibility to run three warming up gallops, after that the competition of nine gallops should be started.
- The course (99 meters) has to be completed in gallop within 20 seconds, the time spared adds to the points, it is forbidden to stop on the course.
- Time is measured with photoelectric automatic timer.
- The target is positioned 9 meters from the center-line of the track. It is turnable, with a diameter of 90 centimeters, divided into 3 circles of 30 cms, the points of the divisions are from the inside 4-3-2 points.
- The run is invalid when: stepping onto the course without consent, time out (20 seconds), leaving the course, and when the horseback archer is not able to acquire appreciable points.
- Nobody is allowed to hold up his companions by disturbing the rhythm of the competition (such problems as injuries, inadequate equipment, being late, etc.). If so the competitor cannot start his run because the above mentioned reasons he will stay out the run until he is able to go on again. The lost runs cannot be recovered.
- In the competition any archery style can be used (three fingers European, thumb release Inner Asian, Japanese and any different individual style).
- Only bows can be used in the competition which are not center shooting bows and have no any aids (grip, run-out window, aiming devices, stabilizers). The material of the bows can be synthetic or original natural and strength is not limited.
- Some examples for the bows: bows of horseback archer folks (Scythians, Huns, Avars, Hungarians, Mongols, Turks etc.), Asian type bows (Chinese, Korean, Japanese etc.), European stick bow (longbow etc.), natural folks' (like the bows of the North- and South American natives etc).
- Any arrows can be used: wooden, aluminium, carbon etc.